Thursday, July 30, 2009

Britney is going to the acute rehab hospital in a few hours. We are really excited. She moved so much yesterday she is very tired today. Yesterday also after I posted Britney lifted her head and arms off the pillows and opened her mouth like she was trying to say something but couldn't. Her trach makes all the air go out below her vocal cords so she can't make any noise. When she couldn't get a sound out she started to cry. I talked to her and stroked her hair and she calmed down. This happened about 10X yesterday. She is in there still and coming back to us.

5 comments:

  1. John, My eyes are full of tears. I am so happy that she continues to improve. I can only imagine her frustration. She is so lucky to have a wonderful husband. I know she hears you and feels comfort when you are near. We talked many times about what a wonderful father and husband you are. I am so thankful she has you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! We are rooting for her, all the way!

    Love,




    The Spencers

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I'm so excited and so grateful for such wonderful news. I know that the road ahead is still long, but it sounds like she continues to make incredible progress. You'll still be in my prayers (and especially prayers of gratitude).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, John! This is such wonderful news! You are all in my prayers. Take care, and God Bless! Katherine Coolidge

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me cry... tears of joy! The best news yet. Your faith, patience & endurance has truly been an amazing example to us all!

    ReplyDelete