Sunday, July 26, 2009

Britney had another really good day. She has been moving and tracking (following people with her eyes) a lot more. She heard Anna crying today and started moving alot. When I brought Anna to her Britney calmed down. I brought Anna to her and Britney calmed down and layed back down. The doctors and nurses are excited about the progress she is making. She is going to get a feeding tube tomorrow that will be put in her stomach from the outside. She has had a naso gastric (nose stomach) feeding tube for almost 3 weeks now, and needs something more permnant that wont irritate her nose. Medically she is doing very very well. One of her chest tubes got taken out today. Her air leak is almost better and she may get off all of her chest tubes in the next few days and not need any more surgery. She has been breathing great on her own during the day and resting on the ventilator at night. She will likely be going to Kindred hospital an acute rehab hospital that is much closer to our house in a few days.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad she is healing so well and moving more and more. Britney is always on my mind still and we continue to pray for her and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear she had a good day! Continue to send her my love. She is always in my prayers. We are praying for you and the family as well. I will call you soon. Love Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just came across your blog. We are glad Britney is improving. Britney and your family will be in our prayers. ~Paul and Kim Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  4. John I am sorry that it seems I have been out of it a bit latley! I am thankful for the updates and that I am able to come Sat. I can't wait to see the kids and to be with Britney! I miss you all and love you all. See you soon, the progress is so encouraging!
    Love Dee Dee and the gang

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a father and husband you are, John! (And in Residency too! Amazing!!!) You hang in there. People all over are rooting for you and for your Britney.

    ReplyDelete