Saturday, July 11, 2009

Britney has been much more comfortable since last night when with a lot of help we found a oral surgeon who has hospital privileges. He took out 6 of her teeth, numbed her mouth very well, and took a lot of time cleaning up her mouth and lips. She has been very peaceful since then and has not required much pain medication to stay comfortable. She was calm and peaceful all last night and today. Her eyes have been open and looking around. She looks beautiful. Close to her normal self which is incredible from how in pain and damaged her mouth and teeth looked yesterday. I went to our Intern retreat yesterday on Mt. Lemmon and had an awesome time. I tried to come back last night but we had a giant hail storm right before night fall and I didn't want to drive down it in the dark. I took the kids up there today and they had a blast. Vera has made a great friend. One of the other Interns has a 4 year old daughter and they are almost inseparable when we get together as a class. We still have a lot of peace and hope that everything will be ok. It is incredible the stories people have told me and keep on telling me of family members or friends who were in a similar situation and have made it back to their families. Thanks everyone for your incredible support.
John

5 comments:

  1. We are still praying and thinking of Britney and the family. I actually dreamed of Britney last night- she was out of the hospital, standing, talking to me and doing fine. I pray this dream will become reality soon. We love you guys and will continue to pray for her.
    We are in UT for the month of July, I wish we were closer to help with the kids more. Best of luck.
    Jandee and Dusty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me, but I want you and your sweet wife to know I am praying for her. I ran aross your blog through a friends, and it is now one of the first things I check in the morning. My Bishop once told me, "We are a miracle believing people". I'vc seen miracles first hand. I KNOW prayer works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about you and your sweet family. I'm so so so happy that her teeth and mouth feel much better and that she is more comfortable. You are such an inspiration to me! Britney and your family continue to be in my prayers. I put her name in the Jordan River Temple prayer roll the other day. Your strength has very much encouraged me. Keep up your faith. It will continue to sustain Britney and your family. The Lord can heal anyone. I love your thoughts on Lazrus. Anything is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have dreamed of Brit. It was this coming Christmas, the Foster party. Jayla and I are going to be in CO this year for Christmas and I dreamed of her there and as healthy as ever! I pray this dream becomes a reality. I am so happy you found a dentist and that she can have relief. I hope she is ready for surgery tomorrow. Love you all!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new family moved into our neighborhood three weeks ago and yesterday, the young mother of three told me she had a stroke a few years ago. She had gone without oxygen and was in a coma for 8 days. Physicians told her husband that there was not hope she could recover because she had been without oxygen too long. Yet, there were those who fought for her life & blessed her. Miraculously, she woke up from her coma with full mental capacity. Though she still had a long road to recovery with learning to walk, etc. again, she is very healthy and strong now. This story gave us much hope for Britney - I believe the Lord give us encouragement through others, just as with the inspiring stories you have heard. Just as your faith (John & Fosters) - has truly strengthened the faith of those around you. We send our love, hope & prayers continuously!

    ReplyDelete