Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Trip went smoothly, hospital is incredible

This is the 1st internet I have gotten a chance to post. The trip went very smoothly. Britney was kept very comfortable. We found out we were landing at the airport in Denver where Casey's (Britney's dad) firestation takes care of this morning. Casey talked to the flight coordinator and arranged for his station's paramedics to transport Britney from the airport in Denver to the hospital. It just happened to be the day his team was on. When we landed at the airport there were more than a dozen firefighters and their 2 medics waiting for us. It was like coming home to family. Britney's dad has been at that station over 20 years and she grew up at the fire station and Jonas had his last birthday party there. They have been incredible in raising money to keep family coming to Tucson to help out these past 8 weeks. I can't even describe the emotion I had or the emotion that was on all of their faces when we landed. I will never never forget that moment and I'm sure none of them will either. Thank you thank you.

When we got to the hospital Britney's Aunt Jan and my Mom were waiting there. Just as much emotion as at the airport. Jan has been talking to Britney on speaker phone most nights and posting comments on the blog. Britney has responded to her so much in the past and I'm sure she will continue to help Britney come back. My nephew Dante was climbing in the room and Britney turned her head and eyes and looked at him. Britney's hospital is amazing. We feel like her care is phenomenal. We met with everyone from almost every group already PT, OT, Speech, Dr. Yager the medical director and critical care Dr, and many of the case workers, nurses, etc. There is an outstanding neurologist who has known she is coming who will meet her tomorrow and one of the PM&R Dr.'s from Craig will meet her in the next few days. She will be put on the waiting list for Craig right away and a plan to get her to Craig is in the works. We feel very very peaceful about our decision to bring her here. Talk to everyone soon.
John

5 comments:

  1. John, I am so filled with gratitude for these amazing blessings! May God continue to bless and strengthen your beautiful family.

    With love,

    The Spencers

    ReplyDelete
  2. john, it was so great to see you today. i'm so glad to hear that the trip went well and that you have found such a great place for britney! thinking of your family often! ~lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. John-

    I'm happy to hear that the transport went well for you and Britney. I was one of your pilots for the flight today and the medical crew mentioned that you had created a blog for her. I had a feeling that you might be LDS, and read your update sharing about the special prayer session that the 12 had for Britney. That is so neat to hear! It looks like you have a wonderful family and wish I could have visited more with you. My wife and I will keep you all in our prayers and wish you both the best.

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Tifany Egberts cousin (well Cam's cousin). I just wanted to say we pray for you daily and I am so glad she is finally getting the care she needs. You guys are an inspiration and I pray that things continue to get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy she is in Denver. Tell her I love her and I will come as soon as I can. Tiff

    ReplyDelete