Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Please help if you can with transport costs

We are very happy she is going to get the best care for her situation in Denver. The air transport will leave here tomorrow morning. Unfortunately our insurance will not cover transport costs but the care in Denver is approved. The flight will be $11,700. We have about $5000 now and our family has said they would help get to get Britney the rehab care she deserves. If you can help out even a small amount it would be greatly appreciated. I was able to get out of our lease so I will be moving out by the end of the month and will be able to save some money. Carlie put up a post on July 15th about how to donate to Britney's trust fund. I know it was the right decision. Craig Hospital is the best Neuro rehab anywhere I believe and will all of the family and extended family and friends support in Denver it will be the best place for her and our kids. Thank you again for all of your help in every way. Britney has responded a lot more lately. She has so much emotion on her face. She has smiled (when we have talked about the kids), she has cried (when in pain). When I ask her if I can stretch out her muscles she relaxes and lets me. If I forget to ask she tightens down until I ask. She has opened her mouth when we ask her to. Yesterday she turned her eyes and watched TV when Casey turned it on. Britney has been off the ventilator just on oxygen for about 60 hours now and has had 100% o2 saturations!!!!! She had a really really hard night last night and a very painful day but is finally sleeping for the last few hours. I think she will have a good night and get the rest she needs for tomorrow. I'm sure she will get phenomenal care in Denver and we feel at peace about this decision even though it was the hardest one we have ever made.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment