Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I came back to Tucson Monday morning and I have been working graveyard shifts and trying to pack up my house. I found a 1 bedroom apartment to rent that will let me stay in the same congregation and that is a lot closer to the hospital. Thank you to all of you who have offered to have me stay with you. I figured I would be working and sleeping all hours of the day and it would be better this way. I really appreciate all your help. Britney continues to loosen up and stretch out. She got some wrist braces but they were the wrong size. This continues to be very very frustrating. Hopefully she will get the braces she needs soon to help her keep all of her range of motion. She is still more and more responsive. I'll post again soon. And Britney's sister or parents may post more soon.
John

4 comments:

  1. John,
    We will continue to pray for you and your whole family as you make all of the sacrifices that you are making being apart from your family and supporting them. Thank you for all of the updates on Britney and your family. Our kids ask us every day "how is Jonas' mom today?"
    The Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John--Last week, I went to BYU Education Week. Heard Michael Ballam speak. (PhD in Music) In years past, he has told remarkable stories of people in comas, those suffering from dementia or Alzheimers, accident victims, and various others with conditions making it hard for them to be completely connected and communicative. He has always stressed the "magic" and miraculous effects music can have in reaching these people. He again told about the power of singing to these patients. He suggested singing a song they know well to them. Then sing it again, leaving off the last word at the end of the first line...ie: "I Am a Child of ________." Wait for them. This makes them want to fill it in for you. Sometimes at first, all there will be is a look of struggling, but you know in their mind, they are trying to help you sing, and wanting to fill in the words you‘re leaving out. As they are eventually able to respond, leave out more words, and then phrases. They will work in their minds and with their voices to help complete these songs.
    I kept thinking of Britney while he was speaking. Maybe with all the friends and family she has to visit her now, some will be willing to give it a try. Hope it helps. Best wishes to her, you, the kids and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the suggestion. We are willing to try anything we can to help Britney heal. We welcome any ideas. Thanks again!

    Britney's Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. John you are in our prayers just as much as Britney. I know the separation must be hard, really if you need anything let us know.

    love Dee Dee and Mike and the gang

    ReplyDelete