Friday, June 26, 2009

Thanks From Casey (Britney's Dad)

My outlook on life and the things that matter most have been forever altered. There are no words to describe a father's feelings when word arrives that your daughter is very sick, followed up with word that she is worsening and we may be loosing her. The 2 hour flight from Denver to Tucson was the longest flight I ever have taken. Britney's condition and outlook was not good upon my arrival. Britney was still fighting and We had some hope. Day by day Britney has improved in small ways (huge ways to us). The outpouring of support has been staggering and very appreciated. We have been contacted by family and friends from coast to coast and from Texas to British Columbia. I cannot begin to express my gratitude to everyone for their love and generosity. I will Thank each of you in a more personal way as soon as I can. I want my Fire Department Family to know how much your support has and will help us get through this together. Since it's impossible for me to call 300 people right now, I hope this Thank you will suffice for the moment. Believe me it is small but sincere. Our prayers along with yours have been answered daily. Please keep them up. If anyone wants to help at a personal level, please donate blood in Britney's name. She has used much and will need much more. Last night our youngest daughter, Arielle, called from Galveston TX and talked to Britney over the phone. Britney's eyes welled up more than I've seen yet. She can hear us I am certain and we relay your messages and love to her directly. Last night Britney fully opened her eyes, turned and looked at the attending nurse with a look of (who are you and what are you doing to me?) Thanks to everyone for now. Love Casey Foster

7 comments:

  1. If we donate blood in her name does that mean it goes directly to her? What is her blood type? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
    Tell Britney I love her. Keep fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I will go donate blood in her name this weekend at UMC. It is great to know how we can help. We are praying for her several times a day. Thank you for the updates. We love hearing all her progress.

    Kimberly Porter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am overwhelmed with the improvements that Britney is making. We will keep continue to keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting Britney!

    Love,
    Cortney Spear Stone

    PS - is there a mailing address that I could send a card to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so glad Britney is improving! We continue to pray daily and think about you guys often.

    Thanks for the blog updates, by the way. We find ourselves eagerly checking it several times a day.

    -Andy, Amanda, Tyler and Lizzy (San Antonio, TX)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Casey, Jana, John, Britney, and family, We feel so helpless in Littleton, but so glad you've all been able to be together thus far. Our biggest comfort is knowing that the same merciful God hears each of our prayers from wherever we are. There are over 100 people from our church praying for Britney and her family. I send them updates so they can know specifically what to be praying for...and thanking God for. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Sandy & Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so wonderful, Britney opened her eyes. Eyes are truly the window to our soul, how great to know that she is here and fighting. She is such a great mother to her children- I just know that she will make a recovery for them.
    YOu are all still in my prayers.
    Jandee Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all of your prayers. She has family and friends in many states and in many faiths praying for her. Tell your congregations thank you from us.
    John

    ReplyDelete