Sunday, June 28, 2009

For all of you who have not heard the story of how Britney got sick here is a condensed version. 1 1/2 weeks ago Britney had a sudden onset Toxic Shock Syndrome that came from a infection of her uterus by Strep A. She had sudden onset belly pain. She made it through an appendectomy and a hysterectomy (this saved her life). Last Saturday night she was being transferred to the University Medical Center in Tucson to possibly put an assist device in her heart to help her heart and lungs recover from the sepsis. On the way there her heart stopped multiple times. Luckily a heart surgeon transferred Britney herself and saved her through CPR and placing Britney on a type of heart and lung bypass called ECMO. She had another stable night.
John

4 comments:

  1. You do not know me but I am a friend of Mandy Engar. I was looking at her blog last night when her latest entry said please pray for Britney and gave the link for this web site. I just want you to know that I have also started to pray for Britney and your family and I will continue to do so. I pray all goes well for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John & Family:
    Like many others I found your posts through another blog. We remember Britney and your family from the Milwaukee Ward. We only knew you briefly before we moved, but you aren't easily forgotten. Just wanted to let you know that we too are praying for her, and your family. We hope she continues to recover. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you.
    Matt and Karla Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey John,
    I kind of stumbled across this blog while looking at Preston's blog. I am so sorry for what has happened, but I'm so glad to hear that your wife is making progress. Please know that she, you, and your entire family will be in our thoughts and prayers. God bless!

    Lauren Parsons & family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all of your posts. We love the support we are getting from so many of you around the country.
    John

    ReplyDelete