Thursday, June 25, 2009

6/25/09 Update


Britney had a great night and day. Sorry I didn't get this out earlier. I had a lot of calls to see when I would post this. She has so many amazing friends, family, and people she has not met doing everything they can to support her. A sincere thank you.
Today Britney turned her head to the right and moved her left toe. She continues to cough, blink. She opened her eyes all the way today. The neurology resident and attending doctors stopped by today. Her cranial nerves are completely intact. They said her coma at this point could be due to her severe infection, some due to the lack of oxygen during CPR. It will be difficult to tell and is too early for people who have had hypothermia (cooling the brain). We are very hopeful and have a very peaceful feeling.

Kids update
They are doing great today. Kurt Demminghoff (one of my teachers) and his wife Amy took me, Jonas and Vera to the Desert Museum today. They loved it. Jonas especially loves Gila Monsters. It was very nice to get out and get our minds off of everything. Thank you for a great day.
We slept at home last night and feel much better.

I am going to my orientation day tomorrow. We have so much family here to help out that want me to and I know Britney would want me to also. I am very excited to learn and help other people. My program is amazing. If Britney wakes up they will let me take a family medical leave.
Thank you to so many people that offered to pick up a shift for me. I think we are ok for now.

I'll post another post after orientation and Britney's sister may post one before then.
John

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are going to orientation. Britney would be glad that you did. Thanks for keeping me updated on Britney. Thanks for letting me chat on speaker phone to her. I really needed that. Wish I could be there. Continue to send her my love. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction and that the Lord is looking our for your family, John. You're in our prayers.

    -Tracy and Lindsay Zundel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I am so glad! I was worried today. I am so relieved. Love you Britney. You ARE in the Lord's hands.

    ReplyDelete