Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just a few hours ago I was standing by Britney's side holding her hand and asked her to open her eyes. She has been very sleepy with a lot of sedation and pain medicine. She opened her eyes half way and moved her eyes to look at my face. They nurse asked her to close her eyes as tight as she could if she could hear us and she did. We asked her to do it again if she could hear us and she did. About 20 minutes later I was on the other side of her holding her other hand and asked her to open her eyes and look at me. She opened her eyes and looked where I had been 20 minutes before. I said I'm over here and she looked at me for about 30 seconds. They have been giving her more sedation and pain medicine because she has been more aware this evening. She had a very relaxing 2 days. Tomorrow will be a big day for her. Have a good night everyone.
John

11 comments:

  1. John this is amazingly incouraging ( I am sure I did not spell that right) I can not believe what a moment! I can not wait to see what tomorrow holds. We love you and you all are always in our thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, aaron and I and our family and church are continually praying for you. we believe in complete miracles and it sounds like lots have already been occurring!! we will continue to pray- aaron and charity leetch

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just wanted you to know your wonderful family is in our thoughts and prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Britney! I check this website several times a day hoping for good news! Seems that it comes in little bits daily! My prayers are with your family during this difficult recovery!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. John and Britney,

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for sharing the photos and updates. Love,
    Doris and Andy in Kanab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good news! And I love the picture of Anna-- she is so adorable. Thanks for keeping us updated John! Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear John, Britney and family;
    Just a quick note to let you know that the Oldson family (Carlie Oldson's inlaws) have Britney and your family continually in our thoughts and prayers. We are no strangers to trials and we know that your family will get through this with the help of our Heavenly Father and many friends and family who care so deeply about your family. We appreciate the blog you have created so we don't have to keep bugging Carlie for updates. May our Heavenly Father's choicest blessings be with Britney and your family at this time of healing! Love, Ron and Debbie Oldson in Draper, UT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you spelled everything in your post right DeeDee. Thank you for all of your posts and prayers. She will have a big day to day say a few extra prayers for her today.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to hear of more improvements. Hang in there Britney. You are doing great! I love you so much. And I can't wait to talk with you again. I will pray that everything goes well today with the ECMO removal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful, beautiful miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big thumbs up! You are still in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete