Sunday, October 25, 2009

I had a great time with Jonas, Vera, and Jessah last weekend. They went back Wednesday morning. Britney is very very comfortable. She has been more sleepy with fentanyl patches for pain after her surgery. I'm not sure if the Baclofen pump is helping her wake up but she has been very relaxed. It is much much better than watching her suffer in pain. She has been lifting her legs off the bed more and more the the last few days and smiled today. I got to tell to her hi on the phone tonight. I really miss her. It was great having the kids here but I miss her really bad. I was really depressed that she hasn't been waking up more since she got her baclofen pump but every time I worry I get a really peaceful feeling like she will come back. I can't describe it but I have always had it everytime I doubt. It's what keeps us all going. Britney's sister Mckenzie got married yesterday and Vera woke her up that morning to tell her it was her day to be a princess. Vera is obsessed with princess movies. She has talked about the wedding non stop for the past two weeks and couldn't stop talking about it tonight. I couldn't make it cause of work. My call schedule got changed around. I will have a hard time getting back to Denver the next 7 weeks because of my hard rotations Trauma and Orthopedics. I get one day off a week and if I get to fly out I can only stay for less than 1 day after being up for 30+ Hours and coming back to work 12 hour days. I have already done 3 weeks like this. After this I will get to go back more. We are trying to have Jonas and Vera come back with someone else in a few weeks so they don't go too long without seeing me. We talk on the web cam a lot and it helps.

5 comments:

  1. We're so grateful to hear that the pump is helping Britney and she is more comfortable. Now perhaps her body can focus more on healing. Truly there is no comfort like that from the Lord through the Spirit.
    It was a delight to see you in church with the kids last Sunday! If we can help with anything during this difficult rotation schedule, please let us know.
    Mary Lee and Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, thank you for the updates. We are thinking about you and keeping tabs on Britney's progress. Know that you are in our prayers.
    Brian and Yohanna Vernon

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, you're inspiring. Flying halfway across the country post call just so you can be a dad in person for a few hours really shows your dedication to your family. You'll be blessed for it. Hang in there. I'm glad to hear that Britney is making more and more progress, and I'm sure that she'll come back to you guys before too much longer. Hang in there, and let us know if we can do anything to help. -Tracy and Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. John,I'm so glad you had such a great time with the kids.I know they had a good time ,too.
    Jonas was excited to tell of the fun you had together.We really missed you and Britney at the wedding...you both were not out of our thoughts the whole day long .It was a beautiful wedding and the kids all looked very cute in their matching outfits.I'm so sorry you weren't able to come.Britney has been pretty sleepy the past three times that I visited,but I have noticed that her contractures are looser and it's easier to help her to a more comfortable position. I miss
    talking to you,but hate to call when you may be sleeping.Bye for now.love and prayers, Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. John... you are so strong! You continue to press forward, even amidst pain & sorrow, and look forward with faith & hope! Dave was grateful for the opportunity to see Britney last week when he flew out for MacKenzie's wedding. We do believe Britney will continue to heal, and we will continue to hope & pray right along with you!

    ReplyDelete