Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I got the best Thanksgiving ever. My team told me last minute to go home for the weekend and I was able to spend a few days with Britney and the kids!! I bought one of the last available plane tickets the day before I left. I didn't think I would be able to visit for 3 more weeks with how busy my rotations have been. It was amazing. When I walked into Britney's room She was awake. I asked her if she could hear me to blink her eyes. She did right away. I asked her 4 more times to blink if she could understand me and she did right away each time. I walked around her bed and she followed me with her eyes. She made a sound but didn't move her lips. She was really comfortable. Jonas, Vera, and Anna were a blast. They had so much fun. They have really missed Britney. Because of the H1N1 the aren't allowed to visit Britney for the past 4 weeks. They cry a lot about not being able to see her and missing her. They are very resilient and are still happy. We have a meeting with social security disability tomorrow. Hope and pray it goes well so Britney can continue to get the care she needs. Thank you for all of your comments on the blog and her facebook. I read them to her when I'm able to visit. I am so thankful to all of you for your continued love and support. It means so much to all of us. I was able to meet Elder Scott, an apostle of our church, a few days ago. He was so kind, and was able to give me a blessing. He took time to meet with me even though he was in town visiting his family. He said he will keep Britney's name on the temple prayer roll of the apostles for a long time. I'll never forget it. Britney has a lot of people who are thankful to her for who she is and the amazing mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend she is. It was a very emotional week for many people. Thank you all again.

John

9 comments:

  1. John-I'm so glad you got to go to Colorado for Thanksgiving! Reading about your visit from Elder Scott made me get tears in my eyes. You guys are such an amazing family. Britney- you are being so strong. Jonas, Vera, and Anna are lucky to have such a loving mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan was talking of you and Britney... tears welled... she prints off the entries on your blog............you are very dear to her heart..as you all have to mine...It was Stake Temple night tonight for us.... Having the Temple so close is a huge blessing. I lived in Tasmania where the nearest is Sydney..quite an expensive trip back then...now a Temple has been built in every State of Australia.. Another testament that the Gospel and Priesthood are here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John! I'm glad you were able to spend Thanksgiving with your family. I kept thinking the other night about Britney and I felt overwhelmed with a "just wait" feeling. She fought through the impossible and survived. I know God has a plan beyond what we see in the present. This has all been the blink of an eye relative to eternity. It is a blessing to see your undying love, support and dedication. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat for all of you that you were able to make the trip to Colorado for Thanksgiving. I'm sure Britney and the children were thrilled to have you there. It sounds like Britney is making tremendous strides towards being back to her old self. The Lord has blessed you with an unfailingly positive attitude. Not everyone has that. It is just what you and your family need right now. That and your tremendous love are better than medicine for your sweetheart. I pray for her continued progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are thrilled your family could all be together at Thanksgiving! We are glad we got to see you briefly and be a part of that special experience. We send our love and continued prayers to you, Britney, Jonas, Vera and Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, Happy Thanksgiving a little late. It was a Thanks Giving. Britney knows you are there and how much you Love her. That, along with your children, is the reason she is coming back to you. She and the children are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing to meet Elder Scott & receive a Priesthood blessing from him!!! The Lord is with you, especially at this most trying time - so thankful He is blessing you with the spiritual strength to press forward! As always, we continue to keep you in our prayers - our family fasted for Britney yesterday, including our boys... we all love her dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, Britney, and kids -- wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! I'm sure you've been busy, but we're all hoping to hear an update from you soon. Take care, and God Bless! Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just reading over the countless bows with the names of Christ that Britney gave me for Christmas. Merry Christmas, much love and many prayers! Trina

    ReplyDelete