Monday, November 16, 2009

Britney is waking up more

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your patience between posts. I was able to go to Colorado last week after being up post call and flew home the next day. It was amazing to see Britney, and to be with our kids. Britney woke up when I came in her room and said hi and looked right at me. A few days ago she was stretching her arms and head. She has been more awake and looking at people when they talk to her. She has made some sounds but hasn't said anything yet. She is still at Kindred because we are not able to find a skilled nursing facility that will take her because of insurance issues. We are working with a lawyer to help her qualify for social security disability for nursing home care and to work with our insurance to cover her at Kindred until she can find a skilled nursing place that will accept her. In the mean time she has continued to get great physical therapy and become more responsive the past few weeks. She will be at Kindred until we get this figured out. We will post as soon as she goes to a new hospital with directions for all of you wanting to visit. Thank you for all of your support and prayers and birthday messages for Britney.

7 comments:

  1. John, your attitude is almost as inspiring asthe progress Britney is making. I know that God is watching over you both - it's obvious by how much progress she is making and how much faith you have. It comes through loud and clear in your posts.

    We're following your blog closely and keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting. I'm so glad to hear the good news. She is blessed to be surrounded by so much love and support. I can only imagine your personal struggles wanting to be with her yet trying to pursue your schooling. I'm so glad you are getting there as often as you can, even if it is for very short stays. Please say hi to Britney and the kids for me. I miss you guys.
    -Brenda Gorenc

    ReplyDelete
  3. John-Thanks for the post. It's good to hear she is responding more and more. Say hi to everyone for me. This Thanksgiving season brings back special memories of our Thanksgivings together during our "midwest years." It must be a really hard time for you too so I will say extra prayers for you and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news about Britney's progress. It is inspiring to see the Lord's hand in your lives and to hear your testimony.
    Warmly,
    Mary Lee and Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  5. She said "Hi" to you! I am so excited to hear that Brittney said something! Patience is a wonderful virtue, I am so glad you have followed your heart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Britney hasn't spoken yet. It was a misunderstanding. She has made some sounds but hasn't said anything yet. She has been responding more to other people's voices. Thanks for all your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking of you! Thanks for the update. Tell Britney I love her.

    ReplyDelete