Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I made it to Denver safely late Monday. The kids were so excited to see me. Vera squealed for 5 minutes and again every time I got out one of her toys from the car. Jonas said about 20 times how much he missed me. Britney was in a lot of pain after the 3 day weekend of no splints and had a lot of stiffness. She did really well today with them and was very comfortable. She has been more sleepy because her Baclofen got increased again. She is having spasms in her neck, both arms and legs now. She looked at me a lot tonight. I talked with Dr. Yager today. He said she is more sleepy but when she has been awake she has been doing more. Her neurologist and Dr. Ripley from Craig have decided she will be able to get a Baclofen pump. It will go into her spinal canal. This way she can get high dose Baclofen without the side effects of being so sleepy. They didn't do it the last 3 weeks because they needed to know that the pump could be taken care of and that she will be going to Craig. The details are being worked out for her to get there. She is not awake enough to participate in exercise or follow commands consistently, but they will manage her Baclofen pump, and hopefully while she is there she will wake up enough to go through the rehab program. Her splints are working very well. Her right arm is all the way straight, and her left arm has been almost straight. She smiled again at Jan a few days ago and her nurse also saw it. Sorry for the delay between posts. I'll update you all soon.
John

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear about seeing your family again. It must be great to be with them. Enjoy your time with Britney and the kids and have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for the progress that Britney's making, and that you're able to be up with her and the kids again. And PS, don't apologize for any delay in posts; you have so much on your plate right now that we all understand we won't be hearing from you every day. I know that you'll be able to manage it all. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,We continue to have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Your strength amazes us. Hope the pump will allow Britney to have better pain control and participate in her therapy regularly. Thanks for taking the time you do to keep us updated. Fredy and Amy Toiber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your visit is going well. I know the kids miss you so much! Please continue to give our love to Britney. I'm keeping the faith and praying for progress. She's come a long way!

    ReplyDelete