Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I just talked to Casey for an update. The MRI showed decreased swelling from the CT scans she had at UMC. The swelling from what I heard from Casey was the only abnormality which is great news. She is progressing will with her splints and frequent massages. She had less spasms with the increased baclofen and she may get a intrathecal baclofen pump (a pump inserted into the spinal column). This is a very common procedure and done earlier may help with preventing permnant contractures better than botox injections and will help with whole body spasticity. She continues to make sounds, and be more and more aware of her surroundings and the people coming to visit her. I'm headed back to Denver on Monday for my 2 week vacation and I'm driving up a bunch of stuff for the kids they weren't able to bring with them. Jonas and Vera are excited to get a lot of their stuff again. Jonas loves school and has made some friends. Britney's sister Carlie came to visit for a few weeks with her son who is Vera's age. I'll post another update soon.
John

3 comments:

  1. Jona is in my primary class and he gives all updates. :) He is a sweet boy and a has a GREAT spirit about him. I am so glad to have him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. Thank you for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, When you have a minute give me a call. I have a few questions for you. Glad all is well...Tiff

    ReplyDelete